Archive for the ‘Current events’ Category
Are you a secret hero? I created a quiz designed to help you find out, and it’s on the website Splitsider: Are You a Secret Hero?, by Michael Kupperman | Splitsider
And I’m involved in some events associated with them. Tonight in Brooklyn, and October 6th in San Francisco.
Thursday, September 23
686 Fulton Street
Hosted by: Bob Powers, Jason Reich, and Scott Jacobson with special guests:
• Michael Kupperman, author of Tales Designed To Thrizzle series
• The Association for the Betterment of Sex (Mike Sacks, Scott Jacobson, Todd Levin, Ted Travelstead, Jason Roeder)
• Allison Silverman, former executive producer of “The Colbert Report”
• Jessi Klein, stand-up and star of Comedy Central’s “Michael And Michael Have Issues”
Wednesday, October 6
Litquake / The Funny Side of Sex: Kristen Schaal & Friends
Cobb’s Comedy Club
915 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA
Hosted by: Daily Show correspondent Kristen Schaal with special guests:
• Illustrator Michael Kupperman
• Scott Jacobson and Todd Levin, co-authors of Sex: Our Bodies Our Junk
Albert Einstein was thrown out by his wife, who requested that he not return. Meanwhile Mark Twain was also thrown out by his wife, you requested that he similarly not return. They decided to move in with their good friends Felix Oscar and Oscar Madison, who were already room-mates. Together they all became
THE AWKWARD QUARTET
Felix paused in enjoying a picture of a dandelion, his enjoyment was ruffled because there was a real dandelion on the rug. Mark Twain nodded in sympathy. “I’m not as compulsively neat as you are, Felix, but I have other personal quirks that provide for humorous situations when combined with, or set against, the quirks of any of my various co-habitues,” he opined.
A cloud of radioactive smoke mixed with cigar smoke came out of the room that Madison and Einstein now shared. They were gambling for isotopes, and both Felix and Mark dreaded what could arise out of this situation. Probably something funny was going to happen, it almost always did.